FIRMER TERRA LLC and THE RENEGADE OPEN is partnering to give away a FREE ALPHA GAMING TABLE. This giveaway will be open to ALL EVENTS as a Raffle Prize.
You do not need to be present to win, but you do need to be a registered participant and had played in at least one event.
Raffle Tickets with your name and phone number will be available for $1 apiece.
Greetings, fellow gaming enthusiasts! The Renegade Open was recently given a chance to review a new product on the market from Firmer Terra LLC, the creator of the Alpha Gaming Table.
Firmer Terra is a play on the latin phrase, ‘terra firma’, or “Solid Earth”, which is very clever. It’s a perfect name for this product.
This is what Firmer Terra had to say about their table. “We created the ALPHA Game Table as an entry-level surface solution. We wanted a play area that is out of sight when it’s not in use. The table folds up into a carry unit 48 inches by 18 inches by 7 inches in size. It can easily slip under a bed, in a car trunk, or out of sight. Set up time for the table is less than 2 minutes.” The table retails for $189.99
After testing the table, here are the qualities that we liked about the Alpha:
– It’s relatively lightweight, able to be carried in one hand. It does have some heft, but nothing that can’t be handled.
– It has two handles that easily distributes the weight when carried. The two handles makes it easy to carry.
– The legs snap into place with some ease.
– It folds up for easy storage. You can fit in behind a couch, under a bed, in a closet. It’s a great feature.
– It fits into the backseat of a car for ease of transport.
– When folded out, lies flat. The seams are reinforced, and do stick out when set up. If you have a play mat, its covered easily.
– It pairs well with Frontline Gaming mats, leaving just a little bit of the table showing on either end.
– We found that dice roll well, and don’t bounce if covered with a mat.
– Set up is indeed less than two minutes, especially with two or more people. We timed our take down, and it was 1.00 flat, very impressive.
With all things, there are some issues with the table:
– There are some wobble issues.
– For a 6’00” person, its a little low, making it an issue when you bend over. If the legs were a little higher, maybe 3″, that would be better. If additional legs were offered separately for taller customers, that could be a way to address this.
– The middle leg is prone to being kicked, when makes the table shake violently for a moment. If you have models balanced on terrain, they may fall off.
– The legs are fitted into round slots, but not locked in. Unsure if this will cause issues down the road.
– It won’t hold significant weight, but it wasn’t designed too.
We would like to thank the creators of the Alpha Gaming Table for providing us with their product to review. You can find this table for purchase at https://firmerterra.com/