Now that we have talked about the general changes let’s look at some of the specifics. First let’s start with Scoring Primary Missions and the first Primary Mission, “Objectives”.
Each game has the following to be played for during each game. Primary Missions (12 possible), Renegade Maelstrom (12 possible), and Tertiary Objectives (9 possible). There is a maximum of 33 points possible per game.
Primary Missions (12 pts possible)
1. There will be 4 Primary Mission Tokens given to you at the beginning of the tournament, each one stands for one of the following Primary Mission types. Each may be used only once per 3 tournament rounds.
2. Points are progressive you keep what you earn up to a Max of TWELVE (12) points.
The Player using the Primary Mission: “Objectives”: The Renegade Maelstrom objectives (see the following page) are also treated as End of Game Objectives.
1. Control is measured from the EDGES of the Markers (for ease of play).
2. Scoring is done at the end of each Battle Round.
3. If you hold 2 or more Objectives you score 1 pt to a Max of 4 pts.
4. If you hold more Objectives than your opponent each Battle Round +1 pt, to a Max of 4 pts.
5. If you hold more Objectives than your opponent at the end of the game, you score a Bonus of 4 pts.
6. You can score a max of 12 points.
As you can see the mission has, “score as you go elements”, and an End Game State dependent score as well. With the “keep what you earn” Scoring you always get your Primary Mission Points earned even if you don’t “win” the Mission or the game.
Example: So if you hold 2+ Objectives for Battle Rounds 2 through 5 (4points) but only have more than your opponent for Battle Rounds 3 & 4 (2points) and not at the end, you still will score 6 points and this will score towards your end of game points to be put on the score sheet at the end.
Stay tuned as we talk through more of the Primary Missions in our next post.