As we look to finish our series on the 2018 40k Missions with the Renegade Format. We look to Tertiaries.
Tertiary Objectives (9 pts possible)
BOTH PLAYERS MAY SCORE ANY OR ALL OF THESE OBJECTIVES DURING A GAME.
1. Solo-Blood (3pts): To score this you must kill at least a whole enemy unit similar to scoring a kill point WITHOUT giving one up in the same BATTLE ROUND (formerly GAME TURN).
Example: An Imperial Guard (IG) army kills a whole enemy unit on Top of Battle Round 1, but the opposing Dark Eldar (DE) army does NOT kill a whole enemy unit on Bottom of Battle Round 1. IG earns this point at this time. But later in the same game on Battle Round 4 the IG player makes no whole enemy unit kills on Top of Game Turn 4 but DE player does make a whole enemy unit kill on Bottom of Battle Round 4. Now the DE player has earned Solo-Blood as well and both players have earned this objective for the game.
2. Line Breaker (1pts): Score if you have at least 1 unit in the Enemy Deployment Zone at the End of the Game. Stacks with Recon.
3. Recon (2pt): Score 1 point if at the end of any Battle Round AFTER the 1st, you have at least 1 unit in the Enemy Deployment Zone, to a maximum of 2 points. Stacks with Line Breaker.
4. Head Hunter (2pts): Score 1 point for each CHARACTER slain to a Maximum of 2 points. Stacks with Slay the Warlord.
5. Slay the Warlord (1pt): Score if the Enemy Warlord is slain at the end of the game. Stacks with Head Hunter.
These are fairly simple and should be easy to track. They exist to reward players for normal activities and goals that are familiar to most players.
The odd one out is Solo-Blood. This was created as our replacement for First Blood. As it was found that First Blood tended to give too large of an advantage to the player going first in an even player-skill match. So we created something that could be earned by both players.
We are happy to know that the Solo-Blood mechanic is being used this year at Adepticon as well. So be sure to be ready for that at this year’s Adepticon Warhammer 40k Champions Tournament.
This brings us to the end of our mission overview. Be sure to check out the Facebook page, like, and follow us there, and our website. We’ll be posting the full Missions in a Primer Packet and a simplified Mission Packet, for general use soon so stay tuned. As always let us know what you think in the comments below or contact us directly via Facebook Page or email us.
Until next time Generals!